Friday 27 March 2015

Art Film Brainstorming

BRAINSTORMING

My Favourite Parts
My favourite part of Battle Potemkin are the several scenes of the horrified man's face. He appears several times, looking as if he is peering around a corner. He wears rounded glasses. You can truly see the pain and agony through his emotions.
My favourite part of Metropolis is the building exploding because I like the use of special effects, back in the day.
My favourite part of Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid is when the man boards the train, there is toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe. It's very amusing because it's a satire.

My Loose Story
For my movie, I would like to show the feet leaving the train from Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. Then the man will enter and look at the documents. After I will show scenes from Potemkin of people struggling outside and the runaway baby. I will show the man with the documents once more and then the man with the newspaper. From Metropolis, I will use the man who screams, "MOLOCH!" The runaway baby is there and from Metropolis and Potemkin, I will use the men who runs towards the camera. Then the man with the documents will leave and then the building will explode. Then he will sit down and using a stock footage of a man with a child.

My Art Story
For my art movie, I will show a man who looks like he is plotting. Looking at documents and reading the newspaper, as if he's trying to blend in. Overlayed on the document scene, there will be a faded layer of a person flipping through a book, as if he's trying to 'look' for something. All the scenes are going to be weaved between inside and outside, so one scene is the man and the next is what's happening outside. There will be glimpses of a lighter, but it's not being lit. Then you will see the havoc with the people and the beginning of the runaway baby. The man inside is started to walk away, searching for something. Outside, there are several men who are reaching out in despair for the child. Inside, the man with the news paper is following, and overlayed on top will be the subtitle, "MOLOCH!" (This will leave the viewers wondering what Moloch is, a name, a label, etc). Then the man will pleasantly board the train. There will be a stock footage of the lighter being lit and the building outside will explode. Then we use the stock footage of a man holding a baby, as if 'Moloch' has taken the runaway child. The timing between the man and the explosion will be differentiated, the man will be fast and the havoc outside will be slow, thus emphasizing both parts.

Lighter stock footage: http://www.videvo.net/video/lighter-being-lit/2675

No comments:

Post a Comment