Thursday 30 April 2015

Toy Hack Reflection

TOY HACK REFLECTION

A. If I were to sell and re-purpose this toy, I would call it a 'The Throwback.' The reason I would call this the throwback is because the toy is supposed to take bits and pieces of a person's life, and create a 'toy' that would represent the entity of a person's childhood. When the buyer purchases the toy, it turns into a toy that embodies their childhood.

B. What I really like about this new toy is that it resembles a part of someones childhood. Not necessarily mine, but I do believe that the concept of buying a toy that would resemble a part of your childhood would be very creative. I think that the concept of the toy is very creative and it would be really cool if it existed one day.

C. What I don't really like about this new toy is that the new parts of it aren't necessarily seamlessly attached together. I did my very best to try a sew the pieces together with matching thread or at least white thread, it was really hard to hide the inside or make it look like those parts were meant to be together. I really struggled with using the hot glue gun and any other materials to weld them together.

D. If I were genuinely gonna redo this assignment, I would try harder and research more ways for the toy to be more creative. I genuinely believe that if I looked up more about toy hacking and mechanics, I would be able to use toys with voice boxes and switch them around. I also think that if I went to a garage sale, I could purchase more toys for a cheap amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment